Tuesday, July 07, 2009

The Editor's Pen

I finished Tec last night after that burst of inspiration courtesy of Torchwood. It really was excellent, I love having my expectations exploded. (Have you ever had yours exploded?)

So I've printed up Tec and I'm hitting it with the red pen - there are two, possibly three (even four), reasons for not waiting a couple of weeks: I've been writing so slowly I've become disconnected from the beginning anyway. I'm still inspired. I feel I need to practice editing stuff more quickly after writing: 17 years as a magazine editor does give me some help in that area. I need to clear the decks for the new stuff and the existing things are beginning to pile up. Red Planet will get announced soon and, assuming the format is the same, this is my entry.

Five reasons.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

By the way, commiserations to those who missed on the Writers Academy.

Only three days to the CBBC/Writersroom announcement.



What's on the turntable? "Free Man in Paris" by Joni Mitchell from "Hits" compilation

No comments: