Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Touched

...and I probably am.

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

As I may have implied the Teacher and I don't actually expect much from other people (not meaning that in a critical way, but other people have their own lives). But that doesn't mean we aren't delighted when we receive something.

We certainly weren't expecting a present of any kind. I sent flowers to the Teacher's school, of course, although they apparently arrived in a box which was ignored - until the Caretaker noticed the box was a bit damp, then noticed "Interflora" and thought "Flowers".

At the weekend I had gone shopping as usual with the Boy early Saturday morning, and got him choose a 25th wedding anniversary card for him and the Daughter to give us. I had also spoken to the Daughter about "Doing something" - she had whined at me "but I don't know what to do, I haven't got any money".

Did I mention she wants to be an actress? Well, she had me completely fooled. (And, yes, that does take some doing, the Teacher and I can usually read those two like an open book.)

The Teacher was given a pair of tickets this morning. To "We Will Rock You", in two weeks, in Manchester.

The little sweetie had organised it and got my younger sister to buy the tickets, the money being contributed by parents and siblings.

I'm sitting here with a silly grin on my face.



What's on the turntable? "Morbio Gorge" by Gordon Giltrap from "Perilous Journey"


No comments: