Sunday, April 19, 2009

Scriptfrenzy 11 days to go

Am I really going to do another ten blogs telling you how many pages I wrote today and what my pages per day target is?

I might. I wrote another seven pages this evening and that brings my target down to 5-a-day.

But I'm concerned about the number of pages again. I'm on 45 which is not halfway and I really feel like I'm hitting the end of Act II which means I shall have to string it out a bit. That's the problem with Scripftfrenzy - and the fact that I'm more used to writing TV-length episodes than features.

But that's really no excuse.

Although, in theory with Scriptfrenzy, you're not supposed to go back and edit - that's exactly what I intend to do. I have a scene that needs to appear much later - the point where ther police start to figure out what's going on. They've done it too early and they would no longer be pursuing the protagonist, they'll be after the antagonist instead.

Can't have that.

However it's not a hard thing to edit, just a matter of removing a scene and keeping it for later.



What's on the turntable? "Clear Light" by Mike Oldfield from "Tubular Bells 2"

No comments: