Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I don't do "kvickies"

Spot the quote?

This is going to be a quickie because it's already 9 o'clock and I haven't done any writing this evening.

Last night I got through 11 pages of my script (yay!) and today I've managed to get my laptop in an even more comfortable position so I might get even more done.

Does that make sense? Well, of course it does. I don't have a proper writing desk or chair in this flat, the only chairs are stools that are too low for the table. And I have a sofa. Also the lighting is poor-ish as three of the five spots are dead.

I've been carefully evolving the best position for me and computer so that I can write for long periods without becoming too uncomfortable. What I've achieved is using my bed pillow to allow me to sit forward on the sofa and still have lumbar support while the laptop sits on one of the stools propped up by a jumper to angle the keyboard. And I'm near enough to one of the lights that the keyboard is sufficiently well illuminated, though it could be better.

It works.

The title of this blog comes from the 70s movie "Love at First Bite" starring George Hamilton IV. I love that film, it's incredibly dated but has some great lines and brilliant characters. (Hm, it seems they might be trying "Love at Second Bite", oh well.)

Writing tip: Nothing dates faster than contemporary references.

Who now recognises references to "Roots" in the film except someone as old as me? To quote the film again: "Renfield, you idiot, this book is as dated as ... I am."

Until the morrow, adieu.




What's on the turntable? "Lover Boy" by Queen from "A Day at the Races"

No comments: