Friday, June 26, 2009

Writing at last

Yes, finally back in Creativity Ville. Wrote the key scene from Tec that's been balking me for a while and the next couple. Then I lay down on my bed and stared at the ceiling.

Nothing like staring at the ceiling for a bit. I planned out the final few steps of this episode. The apparent denouement, when the murderer gets arrested, then the real end when the real bad guy reveals himself almost gets the protagonist but fails (Hurray!).

Although Tec is a "story of thee week" detective series there is a revenge arc running through the first season about why the protagonist - just out of jail - got in there in the first place. I had been relying on a character from this story to provide the final piece in the last episode of his own free will - which was dicey.

A reason why he must do his thing in the final episode suddenly evolved in this episode (it hadn't been planned) - I love it when a story comes together.



What's on the turntable? "Perilous Journey, Guitar & Piano version" by Gordon Giltrap from "Perilous Journey"

No comments: