Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Head too big for door

I had an "appraisal" at work yesterday. As I've never worked in a huge company before this was a new experience. (The fact that it's not usually done on contractors seems not to bother this company, I'm fine with that.) And it seems I'm exceptional.

Of course I always knew that, but now it's official.

Then I got feedback on my intended BFSC entry "Une Nuit a Paris" which was generally good, needs some work but then it was my first draft. (God, what smart-alec.) To be honest I didn't really know what to do with it which is why I went for the feedback so early. Now I have a better idea. But most important it really is funny. Thank goodness for that. I was terrified that it would fall totally flat.

"Monsters" got feedback too, from two sources, which I then compared and contrasted, popped off a couple of emails to try to clarify some things and got back the clarification I needed. Which is excellent news. Hopefully I can make the changes and get it off to Red Planet.

Yours excellently.




What's on the turntable? "Who Wants to Live Forever" by Queen from "A Kind of Magic". Of course, this is the soundtrack music for "Highlander" a film that I love. Though the sequels have never managed to live up to it. (For various reasons.) The TV "Highlander" series (1990s), however, was superb with excellent characters and some powerfully emotional plots. Nowadays the fight scenes in the Highlander film look tame, but in the TV series Adrian Paul plays the immortal, and being a dancer and martial artist his fights were far better. In another bout of Hollywood insanity there is an effort to re-make it.

No comments: