Thursday, July 17, 2008

Writer without a cause

I have been so unproductive in the last few weeks (before and since the SWF) that I've been feeling like I've lost my spark.

I have no cause or, in my case, I have no deadline.

I did ScriptFrenzy, I wrote a couple of treatments one for a real deadline and one for a self-imposed one. The Red Planet competition isn't a deadline because my script is pretty well ready, a bit of fiddling around to do when I get all the coverage and notes back.

So I've fizzled out.

It's not writer's block. I don't get writer's block.

I have no deadline. My job is great, I just got a really tough deadline to get something really important finished as early next week as possible. Lovely. I've never failed to deliver.

But on the writing front. Nada. I wish someone would give me a commission so I could get my teeth into it.

There are competitions, of course, and just today we got the Kaos BFSC any genre but producible for under $2 million. Sounds like a job for "Une Nuit a Paris". The deadline (ahem) is 12 Sept 2008, just ahead of Red Planet. So that's a little squeaky tight - I'm warming to it already.

Eight weeks to go from first draft to something worthwhile? Yup, that's tight enough.

We are the Bunnies of Happiness!



What's on the turntable? "Another One Bites the Dust" by Queen from "Greatest Hits vol. 1"

No comments: