Thursday, October 30, 2008

Breathing

Well, last day on the current contract today and it's all over. Tomorrow I have a job interview which apparently I'm 95% likely to get, so much so that they wanted me to start work immediately. I refused ... assuming I got the job ... my family come before any of that and I have a Halloween party to go to.

So I do the interview and then go home. And hopefully start work on Monday. Excellent.



I had decided I wouldn't do that personality test thing where you draw a mountain and it analyses it for you. This was mainly because I'd seen other people's and they appeared to be coming out all very similar analyses.

But procrastination is a bitch, so I did it:

drawing personality
What does your drawing say about YOU?
  • You tend to pursue many different activities simultaneously. When misfortune does happen, it doesn't actually dishearten you all that much.
  • You are a thoughtful and cautious person. You like to think about your method, seeking to pursue your goal in the most effective way.
  • You like following the rules and being objective. You are precise and meticulous, and like to evaluate decisions before making them.
  • You have a sunny, cheerful disposition.
Which isn't really too bad an analysis, the same as all the others, and doesn't really achieve much apart from some wasted time. Course I didn't read the instructions carefully enough and didn't realise I was supposed to only draw one. I wanted a whole range, and a forest, and path that went the other way to everybody else's. The thing on the left is supposed to be a waterfall, and just round the corner is Eustace's dragon cave...



In other news my daughter went for new headshots today, she's keen to be an actress (though she's training to be a zoologist, and is hoping to go to Borneo next year to push baby orangutans around in a wheelbarrow). She had an extra's part with an extreme close-up in The Street 1.3 but has mostly done stage work so far. She does have an IMDb entry as "herself" because of a TV documentary about a pantomime she was in last year.

Anyway, with 2 hours of the photographer's time available and it really doesn't take that long for her, it was decided that the boy would have shots done too.

Damn it the camera loves him.

He's indicated that he wouldn't object to making a few quid from acting or catalogue work - to pay for the games he'd like to buy. Daughter is jealous. She knows that he stands a much better chance of getting work than she does: fewer boys want to act and there are more parts available for boys.

We shall see, I shall speak to daughter's agent.



I've been thinking about my opening to Air and the rubbish scenes I talked about yesterday. they need to go completely. Enough with the scene setting and backstory, I can get that out in a few lines just before the thing happens that throws her into our world.

These walks to and from work have been very useful. If I do get this new job I shall have the same walk plus a long train journey. I hate long journeys to work. I used to do the whole commute thing, I thought I'd lost that for good.

Still, money is money.



Why did I call this post "Breathing"?

Apart from the fact it's one of the best songs Kate Bush ever did?

Actually that's the only reason ... and I'm still breathing.

Out. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out. Out. Out.



What's on the turntable? "Haunted" by Evanescence from "Fallen".

No comments: