Monday, February 02, 2009

That snow joke

Getting back home was a doddle despite the snow.

Though the majority of the Underground was suspended, the Central Line was running. So I hopped on the Tube at Oxford Circus (barely 30 seconds from where I'm working) waited 10 minutes for a train (well, there was some Central Line disruption) went through to Lancaster Gate which is a 5 minute walk from Paddington.

At Paddington I walked straight onto a train to Reading (there were plenty of them, most trains from Paddington stop at Reading, even during disruption like this) and arrived half an hour later. Waited 15 minutes for the local train to take me to West Reading (a journey of 3 minutes) and I was back at the flat in just over an hour (total).

Easy. Mind you some people were planning to walk 6 miles home because they had no choice.

As you can see from the wonderful progress bar I have managed a few more pages of Unit X. It's tricky work, I'm now heading into the final part of the big action sequence which currently runs from page 17 to page 30, it'll probably need another 3 pages. Then there'll be the denouement and I'll fill up more stuff earlier on




What's on the turntable? "Love and Anger" by Kate Bush from "Sensual World"

No comments: