Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Oh. My. God. #2

The OMGs are coming thick and fast.

And I really can't talk about this one but I shall be having a chat about drama with someone who has the word "producer" in their job title at the BBC in the coming week. Of course, it may all come to naught. But it's the first real bite.

The opportunity has arisen from the person reading "Monsters", it's what spec scripts are made for.

On another matter, it's funny, one of the things people (successful scriptwriting type people) say is that writers should have a go at directing.

And I always think: Nah. Not interested.

Then I remembered, I already did. A few years ago I wrote and directed an action short featuring my martial arts daughter (the boy got a look in as well). I also played various monsters and the person needing rescuing.

Of course it was rubbish. Filmed in a few hours on a family camcorder without even a separate microphone. My brother-in-law was camera/sound/continuity guy. He also edited it over a year.

We keep a copy so that one day, when the daughter is famous, we can blackmail her out of her fortune under threat of revealing this early example of her work. Or sell it the highest bidder.

And then I thought some more. And remembered making a film (with real film) with a school buddy of mine. We made models and filmed them in the deep darkness of my parent's cellar.

No editing at all. And no sound.

So I've already done that bit.

Cool.



What's on the turntable? "Shadows and Light" by Joni Mitchell from "The Hissing of Summer Lawns"

2 comments:

potdoll said...

ooh, good luck with the producer. exciting!

Adaddinsane said...

Ta, Potty. We can but hope...