Friday, November 28, 2008

How many Red Planet finalists?

Being the "why bother wondering when you can ask" kind of guy that I am, I asked.

And the answer was...

We have just over 70 finalists.

The standard was excellent this year.

So there we go. The Scribospheric Bloggers make up just under 13%.

Reasons why I'm unlikely to win: Lots of people are better than me (and clearly a lot of them entered); and my dystopian future world involves a 'flu'[1] pandemic that decimates (literally, I know what the word means) the world's population. Unfortunately who's going to want that after the Survivors remake?

Best get back to Winter and Air, and I have a premise for next year's competition to get started on.

[1] Misplaced emphatic apostrophes just for the Dancing Arnopp.



What's on the turntable? "Haunted" by Evanescence from "Fallen"

3 comments:

laurence timms said...

I was going to phone the fragrant Hayley myself and ask her, but you've saved me the effort ta very much.

70. Hm. Don't suppose they said how many entries there were?

Adaddinsane said...

71?

No. Actually we've known this one for a while: it's 1000.

Jason Arnopp said...

70's good. We like 70.

I read that 'flu' without it interrupting my merry dance, sir. I thought you meant it was a kind of semi-flu. Whatever a semi-flu would be. Perhaps a deci-flu.