Normally I'm very British about things but on this occasion I am going to forego the whole British reserve thing and just say:
I am excited.
Seriously I am very excited.
Why? Well, because the whole writing thing is really coming together, finally.
- My second novella Blood Sky at Night will be released in about two weeks.
- I'll be launching the free sample issue of The Lazarus Device comic book somewhere in that time.
- I'm planning a major non-fiction book related to my day job to be released in the summer.
- My serialised story Frozen Beauty continues to develop on the Voidships website.
- And, at long last, I have been commissioned to write a feature film script for real money. (To be delivered in eight weeks or so, and filmed this summer - they're on a deadline.)
Not that I can afford to give up the day job yet, but this is all just brilliant.
What's on the turntable? "Hljómalind" by Sigur Ros from "Hvarf/Heim"