Monday, March 14, 2011

Someone's looking at me

In fact more people are looking at me than have looked at me before, and I have no idea who they are.

It's not even paranoia, it's just a fact.

I have a profile on the Shooting People website, and it tracks how many people have looked at the profile in the last week. I usually average 30 per week (though I did go through a period of 70/week).

But now it's up to 103. Trouble is there's no way of knowing where they are from. Though admittedly I do actually have some clue: I'm on the Circalit Gold List and also the Industrial Scripts "this-was-a-good-script" list.

So I'm guessing that's the reason. Which means Important People are looking at me.

Which is nice.

Edit (now 104): And that may need further explanation. Both those lists are only viewable by agents, producers and such like in the industry. It's a form of pre-screening so they can take a gander at the work of unproduced writers that has already been assessed as being "quite good, actually", thus not having to worry about working their way through a zillion tons of slush pile to find the pretty things.

I suppose you really want to know how I got on them: Well for Circalit I was recommended by someone already in the industry, and for Industrial Scripts I sent them a damned good script.


What's on the turntable? "So Deep Within You" by "The Moody Blues" from "Threshold of a Dream"

No comments: