Tuesday, February 02, 2010

I could be the next Joss Whedon!

Yes indeedy - I can see the dominoes lining up ready to be knocked down.

Do I like writing kick-ass teenage girl leads? Check.

Do I like writing SF/Fantasy? Check.

Am I incapable of writing one episode = one complete story plots? Check

You see - perfect*. I can look forward to a career of having my TV series cancelled by Fox. Yay!

What brought this on? Ah well, I got my feedback on Winter by the excellent Jez, and my 30 minute SF action thriller has a problem - it's too damn big. It just won't squeeze into 30 minutes, there's too much story sitting in the background not being told.

However Chris and I have had a little communication and he's had a really cool idea that I like lots. But there's a way to go on that so I'm saying nothing else.

In other news: I said elsewhere that the trick with "no unsolicited scripts" is to get the company in question to solicit the script. But you have to initiate the communication, otherwise they don't know you're there - well, I did that tonight with an agent, we'll see how that goes.

Apparently the Big Finish new writers initiative got 1200 entries. They've said they won't, now, be replying to the ones who don't make it through the first stage. They were a bit overwhelmed.

* Yes there are other qualifications for being the next Joss Whedon (like writing utterly brilliant dialogue) but this is a silly blog, okay?



What's on the turntable? "Sultans of Swing" by Dire Straits from "Dire Straits"

No comments: