Thursday, August 27, 2009

Credibility

Working as a contract web developer is like being a writer - you're only as good as your last job.

I've never believed that security comes from outside - the only security you have is what you make for yourself which means, in my case, doing the best job I possibly can, otherwise I stand a good chance of not getting a new contract.

As a not-as-yet produced screenwriter I'm safe from criticism, the scripts look fine on paper. But come September we'll be shooting selected scenes from Monsters. And we'll see how secure I look then.



What's on the turntable? "The Wanting comes in Waves" by The Decemberists from "The Hazards of Love" (courtesy of Spotify).

I discovered
The Decemberists while working for Clash Magazine last year, they are superb storytellers, like this from the "Abduction of Margaret":

And all the while whispering arbors provide cover
That previous witnessed ardor of our lovers
Our heroine here falls prey to her abductor
All a-gallop with Margaret slung rude cross withers
Having clamped her innocent fingers in fetters.

No comments: