Monday, August 10, 2009

Alone again

Dropped the Teacher, Daughter and the Boy at the station early this morning and received text reports of their progress to Edinburgh: changing at York, arriving at the hotel and being told I'll get a call when they've seen the last show this evening.

Nothing yet.

Spent yesterday hacking my way through the undergrowth of the Running feature. It really isn't as polished as I'd like but when an opportunity like this pops up you have to take what you can get. I paid my money and zapped it up onto Inktip and received my "preferred subscriber" newsletter that lists the names of the companies along with what they are after - including the company wanting the free-running/Parkour script. Which, it turns out, is a British company - almost irritating considering I spent time adjusting the script to US spellings.

On the other hand there are definite advantages - so we shall see what comes of that.

I received some DVDs through the post which are part of my research for one of the projects I can't talk about - the opportunity to pitch ideas for a TV related thing. So I watched some of that while digesting dinner.

Because of the Running emergency I didn't get the work done on the documents needed for a funding application for the Clones collaboration. But I'm on that this evening.

It's very quiet here.

But then that was part of the point of them going without me.



What's on the turntable? "Quest" by Gordon Giltrap from "Perilous Journey"

Aha - I have been rung, they went to the Edinburgh Dungeon (free entry with the train tickets), walked around the city a bit and then went to a family-friendly stand-up session at a Comedy Club and were sitting on the front row. Apparently it was very good. [sigh]

No comments: