Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Inktip Trial: Day #1

(Cue: Law & Order "blong-blong" effect)

Logline views: 4
Script downloads: 1

One of the things you get back from Inktip is who downloaded your script, though it's just a courtesy, a protection, and a great promotional technique as Inktip protocol says that you do not contact anyone who viewed your script for 3-6 weeks and then only contact by snail-mail. (Though I might get away with e-mail since I'm over here and they're over there.)

So, who downloaded my script? A manager - obviously looking for talent that he could promote - luckily, as I have an IMDbPro account I could look him up, and he is there on IMDb with clients who actually do stuff.

So that was a good start.

Also, today, I had Monsters in the Shooting People script pitch bulletin though it has not, as yet, made any appreciable difference to the number of hits on my Shooting People profile. Maybe people aren't looking for TV.

However my linking up of all my business profiles multiplied the hits on this blog by 4.

Which was nice.



What's on the turntable? "Take the Long Way Home" by Supertramp

3 comments:

Eleanor said...

Thanks for keeping us posted on how it's going. :)

Robin Eveleigh said...

Worth checking these out for script registration:

http://www.dulyregistered.co.uk

£5 or thereabouts for 10 years.

I believe I'll be seeing you at the Scriptmarket workshop next month.

Adaddinsane said...

No probs, E.

Hi Robin, yes it seems we shall :-) just two weeks away...