Sunday, April 26, 2009

Scriptfrenzy 4 days to go

Well, I needed to catch up today.

And I also needed to prepare for my first week in Milton Keynes and the trip down, new place to stay.

Everything went off fairly smoothly, the trip down was reasonably quick - only 1.5 hours on the train plus 30 min at the start and 15 min at the end: 2.25 hours end to end. (When I was doing Dundee last year it was 8 hours total travel time.)

But I was falling behind on Running. I got up and walked the dog at 6:15am this morning, got back about 7am, and wrote a couple of pages. Later I wrote a couple more.

Then I piled it on in the train and wrote some more this evening before watching William Goldman being interviewed on The South Bank Show.

So how did I do? Twelve pages. Result! I'm now on 87 pages, and if I had taken the trouble to write a couple more I'd be on same level as someone who'd started at the beginning and done 4.6 pages per day. (But I didn't.)

So that was good. Well it was semi-good, the actual content is not so hot, lots of tightening up needed and probably junking most of this sequence I've just written. But it's first draft so we don't really need to worry about that.

Anyway, off to bed now ready for discovering what the new contract will bring tomorrow.



What's on the turntable? "Pi" by Kate Bush from "Aerial CD1: Sea of Honey"

No comments: