Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Miaow

Amazing - or at least, interesting.

I got my Blue Cat feedback today. So I thought I'd include a picture from "Dougal and the Blue Cat" - the first Magic Roundabout film - and when I typed "Dougal" into Google, it was the first item in the list.

This feedback is a bit of a marketing trick really, give early entrants the feedback early and let you resubmit, at additional cost. Thing is it doesn't cost that much to resubmit (and get more feedback) so there's no downside.

And the feedback was fairly decent, you could argue they're being nice to encourage me to spend more money, well, okay, but I'm sufficiently far from this script to see the advice makes good sense.

I wrote Running during ScriptFrenzy two years ago and this was the second draft, which I didn't even re-read before sending to Blue Cat (not that I'd necessarily recommend doing that, but at least I know I can spull and do gud gramma). I'd written it originally for a Director I'd met through the Screenwriters Festival - but it wasn't exactly what he was looking for.

So, time to get things moving again - in between working on my website project and Winter I'll re-work Running and their suggestions will probably knock a good few pages out which won't be a bad thing, it's currently 100 pages so losing 10 pages will be fine.

I'm quite looking forward to it.



What's on the turntable? "Rainy days and Mondays" by The Carpenters - Karen's voice is possibly the most beautiful in the entire universe, what a loss.

No comments: