Sunday, November 08, 2009

Writers write

And I have been. Page 1 re-write on Tec off to a flying start, admittedly I've been half-inching some scenes from the previous draft but they've all needed modifying. The whole structure of the story is different now, the initial death which previously didn't happen until about 20 minutes in, has happened before the story starts.

The main character is now into the thick of it within 10 pages (oh good) though there's still work to do on that.

Apart from losing the main character's side-kick, I also disappeared a receptionist, replacing her with one of the other main characters. Things can get dangerous when I get into a cutting mood.

Write on.

Oh yes, I meant to say this as well: I was out driving today and thinking "My back hurts, I can't write today" (accompanied by a heavy sigh). Then I thought: "What if my back is hurting because I'm not writing?"

Which put a new complexion on things. So as soon as I got home I got in front of the computer and started.

And my back didn't hurt at all.

There's a thing.



What's on the turntable? "Dreaming" by Blondie from "Eat to the Beat"

No comments: